HGMS is a leading company in providing a managed service for a nationwide chain of builders merchants. We have a reliable network of HGV drivers who help in making orders to the customers of our client in Milton Keynes.
HGMS prides itself on delivering a service to our clients and drivers that differs from other managed service providers and recruitment agencies in the Milton Keynes area. We take a personal approach to driver recruitment ensuring that a member of the HGMS team has met with every new driver. This helps us build a long standing working relationship with the driver while providing a professional service to our client to their growing needs.
We need HGV drivers who are committed and self-driven. Our client, Saint-Gobain Building Distribution is one of the largest suppliers of building material in the UK meaning that there is always work available for professional HGV drivers in Milton Keynes. In return for your hard and professional customer focused work ethic you will benefit from a market leading benefits package. The management team at HGMS have been working in the haulage industry for many years and have used their experience and knowledge along with extensive research to ensure that their rates of pay and benefits are market leading to attract the highest calibre of HGV Driver in Milton Keynes.
The entire recruitment process begins online where you are required to click the “Apply” link on our recruitment page. At this stage all we need is simple contact information fill in your telephone name and email address, and one of our team will be in touch.
This is followed by an interview, which is carried out in two stages. The first stage involves a telephone screening process that normally takes twenty minutes. During this stage, we will discuss your past jobs and experience as a HGV driver. The second stage involves a comprehensive in-person interview at a local branch in Milton Keynes. This gives you a great opportunity to ask additional questions along with us explaining duties and package in more detail.
What Is The Expected Working Radius In Milton Keynes?
When you begin working for HGMS you will be assigned a home branch in the Milton Keynes area because of the nature of our clients work you may be required to work out of any of their other branches in a 30 mile radius. This will be discussed with you as and when required.
HGV Working Hours
Weekdays from 7 am to 5 pm. There is also the availability of Saturday work this is normally between the hours of 8am and 12pm. If your home branch in Milton Keynes has a different working pattern we will discuss this with you at interview stage.
What Does The Work Involve?
Our job description entails HGV and van drivers who are ready to handle plumbing and building materials manually and make multiple drops with a maximum of around 12 deliveries in a day. The orders will be delivered to commercial and residential premises throughout Milton Keynes, and at times, lorry cranes may be used. Due to the nature of the industry we work in, you may be required once in a while to double as a driver and also aid in some yard and warehouse duties, particularly when loading and offloading orders.
You will require the following qualifications and certifications in order to apply for one of our HGV driving roles:
- LGV 2 (Cat C) Licence with a minimum of 6 months experience and no more than 6 penalty points
- Full CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) with a valid and up to date DQC (Driver Qualification Card)
- Digital Tachograph card
- Lorry Loader (HIAB) Crane Certificate to include brick grab attachment and ideally remote. If you meet the above 3 requirements but do not have your HIAB certificate then please still get in touch as for suitable candidates we can arrange the appropriate training free of charge for you
You will also be required to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Carry out the multi drop (average 8 drops per day) of building materials with occasional yard and warehouse duties
- Carry out vehicle checks to ensure road worthiness
- Be compliant with Health and Safety, and other related legislation, ensuring the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Good communication skills with the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service.
HGMS supply drivers for our sole client Saint-Gobain Building Distribution , the leading distributor of building materials in the United Kingdom. The company owns a number brands that include Ideal Bathrooms, Graham, Jewson, Minster, Fraser, Gibbs and Dandy, and the Tile Group. HGMS works to recruit drivers who have the ability to provide the customer service skills required to represent such a large and well respected brand.