HGMS provides a managed service to a national chain of builder’s merchants. Our client who has numerous branches throughout Dudley. At the moment, we are hiring class two HGV drivers in Dudley. We need customer oriented HGV drivers to deliver building materials on behalf of our client to their customers. To maintain our profile, we do a thorough interview so as to only recruit the best HGV drivers in the UK. We offer lucrative pay rates to our HGV drivers and provide them with top travel allowances. Our client owns numerous large brands under the umbrella of the Saint-Gobain group. This means there are orders to be delivered all the time and regular work available for experienced customer focused HGV drivers.
You will be contacted by our team for the phone interview, which lasts for approximately 30 minutes. During the screening call, our team will ask you questions in relation to previous and current work experience along with confirming you have the relevant licence needed to carry out this type of work.
Should the phone screening be a success you will be invited to meet with a member of the HGMS team for a one-on-one interview at an appropriate local branch in Dudley. You will discuss the job roles, expectations and get a chance to ask more questions concerning the job
Driver and Client Satisfaction
HGMS is privately owned and managed service provider. As an intermediary between our HGV drivers and our client, Saint-Gobain Building Distribution we are looking to provide highest levels of driver and client satisfaction. To do this we have used years of industry experience to design a market leading rumination package for our drivers. This includes great rates of pay travel allowances and sociable working hours. In return, we expect the drivers to be highly skilled and represent HGMS and the Saint-Gobain group in a positive light at all times.
Working with HGMS you will be representing our clients brand at all times. We are therefore recruiting drivers with previous trade and retail driving experience. need you to build our image as well as that of our client to their customers.
Applying for an HGV driving in Dudley is quite simple. All you need to do is log onto the HGMS website, and click the Apply Now button so as to open our recruitment page. Enter your personal details, including your name, email address, and your phone number on the recruitment page. Our team will get back to you to organize an interview, which is carried out in two phases, a screening phone call and a face to face meeting.
What Is The Expected Working Radius In Dudley?
A driver is allocated a home branch near his residence. You working range is calculated from this home branch. You will be expected to work out of branches within a 30 mile radius from your home branch.
HGV Working Hours
The typical hours are 7am-5pm on weekdays and 8am-12pm on Saturday. Some branches may, however, operate working shifts outside this schedule. In case of such shifts, you will be informed during the second interview.
What Does The Work Involve?
On a daily basis you will be expected to make between 8-12 drops per day to retail and trade customers throughout Dudley.
You will require the following qualifications and certifications in order to apply for one of our HGV driving roles:
- LGV 2 (Cat C) Licence with a minimum of 6 months experience and no more than 6 penalty points
- Full CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) with a valid and up to date DQC (Driver Qualification Card)
- Digital Tachograph card
- Lorry Loader (HIAB) Crane Certificate to include brick grab attachment and ideally remote. If you meet the above 3 requirements but do not have your HIAB certificate then please still get in touch as for suitable candidates we can arrange the appropriate training free of charge for you
You will also be required to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Carry out the multi drop (average 8 drops per day) of building materials with occasional yard and warehouse duties
- Carry out vehicle checks to ensure road worthiness
- Be compliant with Health and Safety, and other related legislation, ensuring the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Good communication skills with the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service.
When you work for HGMS, it means that you will be working for one of the largest national building material distribution companies in the United Kingdom. If you are a customer oriented driver, then be sure to apply to become our driver, and get to enjoy the benefits of working for HGMS.