HGMS provides a managed professional service to a nationwide chain of builders merchants. We’re hiring Class 2 HGV Drivers across the local area of Bath. HGMS is looking for qualified drivers to be deliver building materials according to the needs of our client. Apart from driving and making deliveries, the driver will also be the image of our client and representing their esteemed brand in Bath. As part of our interview, we will make a screening call to you, and we’ll later conduct an interview in person.
HGMS are specialists in driver recruitment and driving employment provider. We are working with our client to give HGV drives consistent work. Our client Saint-Gobain Building Distribution who has over a thousand branches in the United Kingdom. The client owns numerous brands which include Tile Group, Jewson, Ideal Bathrooms, Gibbs & Dandy, Graham Minster and other brands. Our main aim is to ensure both our client and the you the driver are content at all times.
Our application procedure is simple. Just click on the Apply Button, fill in your name, email and phone number. You will be called by our team on a later date to arrange for a screening phone interview to help us know more about your working history and experience. This is followed by a face to face meeting which is usually arranged at a convenient location in Bath. This face to face meeting addresses the potential benefits of the job.
We are interested in experienced HGV drivers across Bath. There is a lot of work awaiting competent and hardworking drivers in the area since our client is part of the largest building supplier group in the UK. We use the first interview to know more about you as a prospect HGMS driver. We may ask your experience and working history. The second interview is more comprehensive, and it helps us discuss the roles, duties, pay, working hours and allowances. It is during this interview that we will discuss all the benefits in more detail.
What Is The Expected Working Radius In Bath?
Once you are hired, you will be allocated a home branch in Bath. This home forms the basis from which the effective radius will be determined. Youu will be expected to work out of any branch within a 30 mile radius from your home branch.
HGV Working Hours
What Does The Work Involve?
Our client supplies plumbing and building materials throughout the UK. They have over 1000 branches in the country. We are recruiting van and HGV drivers across Bath. The work mostly involves multi drop work. 8-12 are the maximum drops per day. The materials to be dropped are mainly plumbing materials. These materials are delivered to all addresses, be it residential or commercial. They often involve the use of lorry loader cranes, and manual handling of the material is usually involved. Apart from driving, occasional warehouse and yard duties are expected to be done by the driver.
You will require the following qualifications and certifications in order to apply for one of our HGV driving roles:
- LGV 2 (Cat C) Licence with a minimum of 6 months experience and no more than 6 penalty points
- Full CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) with a valid and up to date DQC (Driver Qualification Card)
- Digital Tachograph card
- Lorry Loader (HIAB) Crane Certificate to include brick grab attachment and ideally remote. If you meet the above 3 requirements but do not have your HIAB certificate then please still get in touch as for suitable candidates we can arrange the appropriate training free of charge for you
You will also be required to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Carry out the multi drop (average 8 drops per day) of building materials with occasional yard and warehouse duties
- Carry out vehicle checks to ensure road worthiness
- Be compliant with Health and Safety, and other related legislation, ensuring the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- Good communication skills with the ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service.
HGMS members and staff planner have deep knowledge in recruiting in the haulage industry. It is our desire to work with experianced HGV driversin Bath. We offer personalized services, and we meet with all applicants at the nearest branch which approves our commitment to our drivers. Our HGV drivers have regular work, better working conditions and enjoy the best pay rates and allowances. Drivers get to work with different brands. Working hours are from Monday to Friday, and they are very sociable. Occasionally, you will work on Saturday morning from 8 am- 12 am.
Saint-Gobain Building Distribution has a variety of well-known brands. They have built a reputation in the building industry. The driver we’re looking for should be flexible enough and customer oriented to deliver orders to our clients.